Will be open on Friday, Nov. 2 and Saturday, Nov. 3, regular hours of 7:15am to 3:15pm. This is for household garbage and recycleables only. No storm-related debris or garbage.
BRUSH AND TREE DEBRIS:
- DO NOT bring brush, limbs or any tree debris to the transfer station. The load will be refused.
Put all tree debris outside, curbside. Pickup of brush will begin no sooner than next Thursday. Tree debris will be picked up ONE TIME only.
OTHER DEBRIS (construction, furniture, rugs, wet items, etc.):
- DO NOT bring any STORM related debris to the Transfer Station. The load will be rejected. Storm related debris in the areas that were flooded by tidal surge are to be placed at curb side. They will be picked up starting next week.
SHORE ROAD-UNCAS MERRILL ROAD AREA (TIDAL SURGE AREA)
- Starting late today (Nov. 1) or tomorrow morning, crews will start the initial cleanup of debris. This is NOT the only time we will provide cleanup assistance. Over the period of the next several weeks, periodic cleanups will occur. Please check with your respective Association leaders for additional information.
- Attempts will be made to place one or two docks in service by the end of today, Nov. 1.
- DO NOT bring any debris to shore at this time. Arrangements will be made to provide dumpsters and assistance at the Town Marina. Check with your Association for information.
- Town representatives will attempt to get out to the island on Nov. 1 to survey damage.
- For any tree hazard situations in your yard - please call the Department of Public Works at 860-664-1100. Be prepared to give your name, address, contact information and a brief description of the hazard.
DAMAGE REPORTS/CONCERNS: (other than trees)
- Please call the Department of Public Works at 860-664-1100 with information.