Please read carefully as this notice involves two weeks of multiple road closures and detours affecting downtown Clinton's busiest roads.
On behalf of the Town, Pereira & Sons Construction will be installing new sidewalks along the Hull Street, Central Road and West Main Street areas, between the Hull Street and John Street Extension.
Please make alternate plans if your daily commute involves this area. Train commuters, give yourself lots of extra time as the Clinton Train Station is located in the middle of this construction.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
The work is expected to take place over a two week period starting Monday, April 30.
For the first week, Monday, April 30 through Friday, May 4 work will start at 7am and stop at 4:30pm.
The contractor will be installing new sidewalks and curb lines from West Main Street (Route 1) northbound on Hull Street and Central Avenue (Route 81 by the Amtrak bridge).
The contractor will need to utilize the Northbound lane. There will be NO NORTHBOUND traffic allowed from Route 1 onto Hull Street (Route 81).
Barricades will be across Hull Street/Route 1 for northbound traffic and by Central/Hull Street for northbound Unilever traffic which will have to be manually directed by a police officer.
Northbound traffic exiting Unilever will be allowed by altering the southbound lane. This will be controlled by a police officer.
This phase is expected to take place through Thursday with Friday as an extra day in case of problems.
For the second week, Monday, May 7 through Friday, May 11 work will begin at 7am and stop at 4:30pm.
The contractor will be installing new sidewalks and curb lines on West Main Street between Hull Street and John Street Extension (across from Chip’s III Pub).
The contractor will be utilizing West Main Street (Route 1) westbound lane during this phase. Westbound traffic will be allowed to travel via the EASTBOUND lane. An officer will manually direct traffic Route 1 by Hull Street.
Eastbound Route 1 traffic will need to be detoured. The DETOUR signs will be at:
1) West Main Street/Grove Street - “RT 1 E/B Detour” pointing south (right turn)
2) Grove Street/Stevens Road – “Rt 1 E/B Detour” pointing south (left turn) for exiting Stevens Road traffic
3) Grove Street/Pearl Street – “Rt 1 E/B Detour” pointing south (left turn) for exiting Pearl Street traffic
4) Grove Street/Leffingwell Road – “Rt 1 E/B Detour” pointing east (left turn) for Grove Street traffic
5) Commerce Street/Leffingwell Road – “Rt 1 E/B Detour” pointing north (left turn) for Leffingwell traffic
6) Rt 1/Pearl Street – Barricades to prevent Rt 1 East Bound traffic, Officer will manually direct the detour towards either Stevens Road or Pearl Street.