After a glimpse of spring-like temperatures over the weekend, Clinton and the shoreline are headed into the depths of winter this week.
Temperatures will be even colder than normal for the third week in January, according to the National Weather Service. The weather service warns that "prolonged exposure to these dangerously cold conditions could result in frostbite, hypothermia, or death."
Snow that started on Monday afternoon is expected to end Tuesday morning, with accumulations of 1 to 2 inches likely.
The high for Tuesday should be 26 degrees with the low forecast at 10 degrees.
Wednesday and Thursday look to be the coldest days with a high of 23 and a low around 10 for Wednesday, and similar temperatures predicted for Thursday.
Don't forget that wind chill factors are expected to drop the temperature to zero degrees.
Another winter storm may be on its way for Friday. The National Weather Service now predicts a 60 percent chance of precipitation.
Keep that winter gear around because temperatures are not likely to see the 30s again for at least a week.
Here's the week's forecast for Clinton from the National Weather Service:
- Tonight: Snow likely, mainly between 7pm and 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest 12 to 17 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tuesday: Scattered flurries. Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 21 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Friday: Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 60%.