Whether you’re still picking at the leftover turkey or already wrapping your holiday gifts, stop what you’re doing. From here on out, you’re playing by our rules—and we’re telling you to hit the town. That’s right; there is an awful lot of holiday goodness going on this weekend. So much, actually, that you should probably plan on seeing a whole lot of Santa, some shopping and enjoying quite a bit of holiday cheer. Now get going! Here’s the day-by-day breakdown of this weekend’s happenings:
- : Stuff some stockings with coffee this year! Students will be selling one-pound bags of Willoughby’s coffee at Given Fine Chocolate and Indulgences beginning on Thursday from 1 to 5 p.m.
- : Stop by Café Allegre from 5 to 6 p.m. for half-price wine and then take on your shopping from there! Lots of downtown Madison shops will have raffles and specials from 5 to 8 p.m.
- : Sale begins Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. and will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 6 p.m.
- : From 7 to 8:30 p.m., Roxanne will be filling guests in on her favorite books of the year and be on hand to suggest selections for everyone on your shopping list.
- : Sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Do some holiday shopping and support your local library!
- : Donate clothing, toys and non-perishable food items beginning on Friday at any Clinton school and the HCH Library until Dec. 11.
- : Stop by between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. and shop the crafts, cookies and other gift items!
- : Enjoy crafts, baked goods, lunch and more! Church is located in Clinton on East Main Street.
- : Event will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the church on Route 79 in Madison. Bring the kids!
- : Crafts, baked goods, a white elephant and more from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- STORY TIME WHILE YOU SHOP: R.J. Julia invites you to bring the kids by for story time on Saturday from 11 to 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 to 1 p.m. so you can get some shopping done!
- GRAPHIC IMAGE TRUNK SALE: Enjoy special discounts on the line at the R.J. Julia trunk sale from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Don’t miss this great holiday shopping opportunity!
- : The ballet will be held at 2 and 7 p.m. at The Morgan School and again on Sunday at 4 p.m.
- WINTER CRAFT AND STORY TIME AT R.J. JULIA: Event will be held from 2:30 to 4 p.m. in conjunction with Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day!
- : The event will be held from 3 to 6 p.m. at the First Church of Christ Congregational as part of Christmas in Clinton.
- : Parade begins at 2 p.m. in the Stop and Shop Parking Lot and continues through the center of town. Visit with Santa on the Café Allegre porch after the parade until 4 p.m.
- : Horse-drawn carriage ride tours will run from 2 to 4 p.m.
- “DEAR SANTA” LETTER WRITING WORKSHOP AT R.J. JULIA: Bring the kids to the bookstore for some Santa letter writing at 3 p.m. All believers are welcome.
- : Don’t miss the annual downtown holiday festivities running from 3 to 7 p.m. Don’t miss the from 3 to 6 p.m.
- : Festivities will begin at 4:30 p.m. on the town green.